Business is unusual
Epic remains committed to providing the highest level of service to you.
I am delighted to inform you that we are all well at Epic and continue to work to provide our customers with the best service possible.
That said we have been working hard to put in place contingency plans for the business with our stake holders and perhaps more importantly how we look after ourselves when at work. We are fortunate to live and work in beautiful, rural West Dorset where access to the outside environment is difficult to avoid, and indeed many of the team walk and cycle to work. None travel by public transport to get to and from work! We are also fortunate that none of the team are considered to be high risk as a result of their age or underlying health issues.
Here are some of the things that we have done recently:
- Stopped external meetings and now rely on Skype etc.
- Issued Social distancing protocols to our team
- Where appropriate we have mandated ‘working from home’ practices.
- We have open credit lines with all of suppliers who report good stock levels for all items that we may need to fulfil customer needs.
- Cleaning and sanitisation has become a fact of life for all of us at Epic and we have a structured programme of delivering regular cleaning programmes alongside personal advice that is updated regularly.
- Sarah Downey, company director, has been appointed as our Covid-19 co-ordinator and is working with our team to ensure we all have the most relevant and up to date information for the work place and home.
Here are some of the things that we are considering for the future:
- To extend our working day to better service clients who may be working at home and needing to balance working lives with family lives. We will create 2 teams – Magenta and Cyan – structured to provide the complete range of administrative and productive services.
- The Cyan and Magenta teams will work in isolation from each other to avoid the risk of cross contamination throughout our work force.
- We are working with the local community to see whether we can provide (pro-bono) information in the form of posters/leaflets/buddy cards etc to those areas where messaging and communication is more difficult.
If you believe there is anything that Epic can help you with please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Thank you for your support to date and we look forward to working with you during a period that no doubt will continue to throw up challenges for us all.